Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Trials Are Examples of God's Love For Us! :)

Hello Again,

So I've been thinking again, I've been thinking a lot about life and the different challenges that we as individuals are asked to face.

For those of you who know me, you know that I am kinda a forgetful person. Scratch that...I'm a VERY forgetful person. It is so very easy for me to be speaking about something and then to simply forget all that I was thinking. And ofttimes its frustrating. Scratch that...it's ALWAYS frustrating. I have never been able to figure out how or why I forget things, I just do.

But that is what life is about! Facing challenges and growing from them. I have already shared this poem but it has been on my mind a lot lately and I wanted to share it again, but focus on a different aspect.

The Monument.
God,
Before He sent His children to earth
Gave each of them
A very carefully selected package
Of problems.

These, He promised, smiling,
Are yours alone. No one
Else may have the blessings
These problems will bring you.

And only you
Have the special talents and abilities
That will be needed
To make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth
And to your forgetfulness. Know that
I love you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
Are a symbol of that love.

The monument you make of your life
With the help of your problems
Will be a symbol of your
Love for me,
Your Father.

Blaine M. Yorgason

No matter how frustrated I get at myself for forgetting things, it is something that Heavenly Father has given me to help me to learn. I know that it is from my forgetfulness that I have learned to rely on those around me more. That is just one example of many ways that Heavenly Father is teaching me through my weaknesses and trials. But that is why we have them, to learn from them! :) No one else will receive the blessings that I will receive from learning to work through my weaknesses.

The problems that we face in this life were carefully selected by our loving Father in Heaven to be of the utmost benefit to us. I'm sure we all know how challenging it is to keep this perspective while in the heat of the moment. But I know that when we take the time to step back and ask God what He wants us to learn from the experience, He will answer.(Please remember that He doesn't always answer the way we want,) I know that our Heavenly Father loves us! I know that He watches over us, and I know that He wants nothing more than for us to be happy and to become the best people that we can be.

I invite you all to ponder the trials you are facing right now and ask your Father in Heaven what you can learn from them :)

Thanks for Readin!
Love you!
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment